August 16, 2015

Worship God All Week Long

It's been a long time since I've been able to post on here.  There have been MANY transitions going on at Edgewood and it's been a little challenging to keep up with the blog.  However, today I had the opportunity and privilege to speak to our congregation.  Our senior pastor is out of town and asked if I’d share while he was gone.  There is a topic that has been on my mind for the last couple months and preparing for this message gave me a push for deeper study.  Since I enjoyed this study so much, I wanted to share it on here as well.

The topic was how we should worship God all week long.  I spend a strong majority of my week preparing various details to help lead worship for our Sunday services.  And while Sundays ARE important times for us to gather together to worship, what are we doing Monday through Saturday?  I want to be a worshiper all week long, not just on Sundays and I hope that’s the desire of your heart as well.

Recently, I was at home playing with the kids and watching my 4-year-old Madelyn play with her Lego dollhouse.  I was just watching her move her Lego people from one room of the house to the next when I heard her humming.  She was humming the tune to the song, Here I Am to Worship.  This was such a beautiful picture to me.  We should be able to say “Here I Am to Worship” when we’re playing with our toys, spending time with our family, mowing the grass, going to school or going to work.

I’d like to take the points from this message and share them this week through different posts.  I pray this study can encourage you to worship God all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment