September 7, 2013

How Great is Our God (Worldwide Edition)

I am liking this worship and missions combo more and more.  I love John Piper's quote that "Missions exists because worship doesn't."  I find it such a privilege to be able to serve on both sides of that statement.  One day we will all be worshipping our God together with every tribe and every nation.  But, until then, we must be seeking as many people as possible to join us on that day.

I recently came across this video from our End of the Year Worship Ministry Concert back in May and wanted to share it with you today.  It's "How Great is Our God" with a mix of English, Spanish, and Tagalog.

How Great is Our God (Worldwide Edition)

Tomorrow, Edgewood starts a brand new service completely in Spanish.  We are extremely excited about this new opportunity to better reach and serve those in our community who speak Spanish.  We are blessed to have Julio (who is singing in this video) and his wife Liana leading this ministry.

In less than a month, a team of 10 Edgewood members is taking a mission trip to the Philippines.  Megan and I are blessed to be able to join this team.  It's mainly a medical team to serve the needy areas around Manila.  However, we're also going to have the privilege of joining with a church worship team and helping lead their service on the Sunday that we're there.

Because of these two big upcoming events, I wanted to share this video with you today.  I pray it will  be an encouragement to keep striving to reach those around us until we see Jesus face to face.

2 comments:

  1. Tim, I can not express with words the impact that had on my heart what you wrote above and what the video meant to me. We are blessed to have you and Megan in Edgewood. It has been an special blessing to the Hispanic Ministry in Edgewood to have your support as well as the other pastors and staff. We could not make it without you! May the Lord continue to bless your heart for the missions and the music!!I can not wait for that day when all nations and tribes will be worshipping our God together!!
    Liana Jimenez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This moved me the first time I saw it and it moved me again. Our God is great!

    ReplyDelete